Did you know that Yukon Golds have nearly twice as much vitamin C as other common white potatoes? One medium Yukon Gold potato (148 grams) contains 50 percent of the Daily Value for vitamin C. Yukon Golds are also a good source of potassium, fiber and contain 6 percent of the Daily Value for iron. If using organically grown ones, consider keeping the skin on for even more nutrition.
Choose Organic Ingredients When Available:
- 2 pounds Yukon Gold potatoes (washed and cut into quarters)
- 4 tablespoons plain nonfat Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons light mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons Coleman’s mustard
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 6 baby carrots, chopped
- 2 tablespoons flat leaf parsley, chopped (optional)
- Place potatoes in a medium saucepan, and add water to cover 3/4 of the way. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to a simmer and cook 20 to 30 minutes, covered. Check water level to make sure that water is not completely evaporated. Potatoes should be fork tender.
- Drain any remaining water and transfer potatoes to a large bowl.
- Add remaining ingredients and stir to combine. Using a fork or a potato masher, mash the potatoes for a smooth consistency.
- Serves 4.
- Substitute cold pressed extra virgin olive oil for the light mayo.
- Add 2 tablespoons sweet onion, chopped
Checkout my award winning lifestyle cookbook: Beyond The Mediterranean Diet: European Secrets Of The Super Healthy.