This pumpkin pudding recipe is perfect when you have leftover cans or aseptic boxes of prepared pumpkin! Agar-agar is used as a vegan substitute for gelatin. It’s produced from seaweed. The recipe is a “tad-sweet” so if you like it “really sweet” then add more maple syrup. PLANT-BASED+DAIRY
Choose organic ingredients when available:
- 1 & 1/2 cups of pumpkin puree
- 1 cup of 1% (low-fat) milk or soy milk (for vegans)
- 1 tablespoon agar-agar granules
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin spice
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- Place milk and agar-agar in a saucepan and simmer for 2 to 3 minutes, whisking constantly.
- In a blender bowl, combine all of the ingredients including the milk with the dissolved agar-agar.
- Blend until smooth.
- Pour mixture into 6 to 8 individual bowls.
- Chill in fridge for at least 2 hours.
- Serves 6 to 8.
Optional: top with additional maple syrup and whipped cream.