If you live close to a Trader Joe’s, try the frozen Cauliflower Gnocchi and also the frozen Artichoke Hearts (two items I love to keep in my freezer).
Ingredients: Choose organic when available
- 1 (12 ounce) package Trader Joe’s cauliflower gnocchi (frozen)
- 2 teaspoons cold-pressed extra virgin olive oil
- 3 ounces (about 1-cup) baby Bella mushrooms, chopped
- 1 medium (about 1-cup) yellow or white onion, chopped
- 1/2 medium red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups of Trader Joe’s frozen artichoke hearts
- 13.4 ounces precooked cannellini beans, drained
- 2 cups of fresh baby spinach
- 2 Tablespoons fresh lemon juice lemon
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- Optional salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- Optional: 2 cups of cherry tomatoes, cut in half
Cook gnocchi according to package directions and set aside. Reserve 1-cup of the cooking water. Do not rinse.
In a large sauté pan, heat olive oil over medium to high heat and sauté mushrooms, onions and bell pepper for 7 to 10 minutes or until onions are translucent. Add artichoke hearts, beans, spinach, lemon juice, seasoning and 1/2 cup of the reserved cooking water from the gnocchi. Cook until heated and spinach is wilted. Add more of the reserved cooking water if needed. Add optional cherry tomatoes. Remove from heat and serve.
Optional: serve with freshly grated Parmesan cheese and fresh cold-pressed extra virgin olive oil.